COVID-19 Impacts to City Services
The following facilities will be closed until further notice:
- Covered Bridge stage,
- All playgrounds,
- Athletic fields and courts (baseball fields, basketball courts, tennis courts etc.), and
Pavilion or facility reservations.
To listen to public board and council meeting recordings during COVID-19 Pandemic, click HERE.
Pursuant to Executive Order Number 16 issued by Governor Bill Lee on March 20, 2020 due to COVID-19 Virus Pandemic, the City of Elizabethton City Council and Boards are not required to be physically present together. Members attending the meeting by electronic means will be counted in the quorum and will be entitled to vote. All votes will be taken by roll call.
City Hall and all City Facilities will be closed to the public as of Wednesday March 25, 2020 and shall remain closed until further notice. Please use the following methods to conduct business with the city:
- Water and Electric payments at City Hall will be reduced to drive-though and drop box service only. City Hall will otherwise be closed to the public.
- For new utility service, disconnection, or reconnection please call 423-547-6200 and select option 4.
- The lobby of Elizabethton Electric Department located at 400 Hatcher Lane will be closed to the public. However, the drive-through will remain open for utility payments.
- As a reminder, utility and court payments can also be made at ww.municipalonlinepayments.com/elizabethtontn
- As an added convenience to our citizens, payments can be made at Carter County Bank, Citizens Bank, and Wal-Mart.
- Payments can also be mailed to 136 S Sycamore Street, Elizabethton, TN, 37643.
- Electric Payments can be made by calling 1-866-211-8070. All other payments can be made by calling 423-547-6200.
If you wish to file for property tax relief, please call 423-547-6200 and select option 6.
- Building permits will be issued by calling 423-542-1503 and emailing AAdams@CityofElizabethton.org.
- Building inspections will continue by appointment only. Appointments can be made by phone and email.
- Property maintenance complaints will be filed by phone or email and inspections will continue.
- Site plans or zoning requests can be submitted by email or mail.
Costs and fees for permits, inspections, site plans, or zoning requests will be invoiced to the customer after City Hall is reopened or on a monthly basis, whichever is sooner.
- Job openings and applications can be retrieved at www.elizabethton.org.
- For any questions regarding job openings please call 423-547-6282
- Bids should be submitted by email or mail.
- For further questions please call 423-542-1505
- All adult athletics held at the Recreation Center will be postponed until further notice.
- All classes and programs which operate at the Elizabethton Recreation Center will be postponed until further notice.
- All special events are suspended until further notice.
- Library materials currently in your possession, due dates are being extended, and fines will NOT be charged for the duration of our closure.
- Our book drop will be checked daily, so please feel free to return your materials.
- The library has an extensive digital collection, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, magazines, and movies, that can be accessed at reads.lib.overdrive.com or through the Libby app.
- Will be closed. No participants will be allowed in the building.
- Staff will be coming in and homebound meals will be delivered every day, with volunteers picking the meals up outside.
- We hope to reopen on Monday, March 30, but there is a possibility this will be extended.