School Resource Officer Program
School Resource Officers server our community in a unique fashion. In addition to providing security for staff, visitors and students at their assigned school, they act as a liaison between the School System and Police Department, and are assigned the task of developing a rapport with the community youth.
Essential Duties of the School Resource Officers:· Monitors and patrols school property when school is in session to ensure safety.
· Builds a positive rapport with students, parents and faculty.
· Serves or coordinates service of court documents to parents of students regarding truancy or delinquent acts.
· Investigates criminal activity and files and maintains reports.
· Assists administrators in security planning for all ball games and special school events.
· Assists the Principal with security, emergency, and safety planning and training.
· Attends school faculty and parent meetings when requested by administrators.
· Instructs short term specialized law enforcement or emergency preparedness programs and provides information as a guest speaker when invited by faculty.
The School Resource Officer main objective is to support and facilitate the educational process in Elizabethton by fostering a safe and secure environment for students and staff, and proactively interacting with the students.
Submit a Tip: