Lego: Think Outside the Blocks Day
Calling all brick builders, creative minds, and Lego® lovers! Get ready to Think Outside the Blocks at the Elizabethton Parks and Recreation Department's exciting event, co-hosted by the Elizabethton/Carter County Public Library to celebrate National Lego Day!
This free event will take place on Friday, January 26th, from 6:00 to 8:00 PM at the Elizabethton Recreation Center. Prepare to unleash your inner architect, engineer, and artist as you explore the endless possibilities of Lego® bricks.
Build and Battle!
- Sharpen your skills: Work on building techniques and projects from other Lego® enthusiasts.
- Free build frenzy: Let your imagination run wild with a dedicated space for open building and creative expression.
- Timed challenges: Put your skills to the test in exciting, timed competitions complete with prizes for the winners. Categories for all ages and abilities!Something for everyone:
- Whether you're a seasoned master builder, a budding creative, or simply looking for a fun family outing, Lego: Think Outside the Blocks has something for you.
- All ages are welcome to join the building fun!
- Fire Pizza Food Truck will be on hand for dinner options for guests.
- Legos will be provided for play.
"We're thrilled to offer this unique event that celebrates the power of imagination and creativity," shared Kelly Kitchens, Programming and Special Event Coordinator for the Elizabethton Parks and Recreation Department. “Lego® bricks are more than just toys; they're a springboard for learning, problem-solving, and collaboration."
"The library is a natural partner for this event," added Ashlee Williams, Children’s Librarian, for the Elizabethton/Carter County Public Library. "Lego® inspires storytelling, critical thinking, and a love for reading, all skills we actively champion at the library."
Don't miss out on this brick-tastic adventure! Mark your calendars for Lego: Think Outside the Blocks on Friday, January 26th. For more information, please contact the Elizabethton Parks and Recreation Department 423-547-6441.